Sicilian Sausage Rolls Recipe Learn like a Pro :- The tomasini, which are traditional sausage rolls from Sicily, are the subject of this rendition by me. Tomasini are individual pizza dough spirals that are stuffed with ricotta cheese and Italian sausage. In my opinion, these are the traditional sausage rolls in their most simplistic form. Regardless of the fact that they are not particularly authentic, the fact that they are extremely delicious does not change the fact that they are delicious. By purchasing pizza dough that has already been prepared, you will discover that the process of making pizzas is not only very easy but also very simple.
This Viral Pan Pizza Recipe Step by Step
In the beginning, I would like to take this opportunity to wish each and every one of you a Happy and Healthy New Year. After that, I will move on to talk about these incredible Sicilian Sausage Rolls. Because it is always difficult to get back into the swing of things, I ask that you do not take offense at this post that appears to be somewhat phoned in. We took a week off for the holiday, and it is extremely difficult to get back into the swing of things. The good news is that this simple party snack does not call for a great deal of elaborate explanations, which is a piece of good news.
The only things that fall under our purview in this location are rolling out, rolling up, and baking. In the event that you purchase a ball of pizza dough that has already been prepared for use, the process is so straightforward that even children are capable of carrying it out. In addition, even if they do, it is highly probable that they will end up with something that looks just as ragged and messy as mine did, but this is irrelevant.
Regardless of how they look while they are still in the oven, once these are removed from the oven, you will be taking a look at a party snack that is not only absolutely delicious but also absolutely stunning. Due to this particular reason, I sincerely hope that you will give them a shot as soon as you possibly can. Have a good time!
- 24 ounces pizza dough
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 12 ounces Italian sausage, casing removed
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes, or to taste
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup pecorino Romano cheese, plus more to finish
Also See :- This Viral Pan Pizza Recipe Step by Step Guide
How to make This Viral Pan Pizza
- A temperature of 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius) should be preheated in the oven. It is recommended that a baking sheet be lined with parchment paper.
- A surface that has been lightly dusted with flour should be used to roll out the dough into a rectangle that is 12 inches by 18 inches. A portion of the egg that has been beaten should be applied to the surface of the dough and then brushed all over.
- Ricotta cheese should be scooped onto the dough in a row, beginning approximately three inches from the top edge of the long side of the dough. The ricotta should be approximately the size of a tablespoon. It is recommended that there be a gap of approximately one and a half inches between each scoop. A checkerboard pattern should be created by making a second row below the first one, but this time the ricotta scoops should be offset from one another. Repeat the process until you reach the bottom of the dough. This will ensure that you use up all of the ricotta.
- With sausage that has been rounded to the nearest tablespoon, the spaces that are left between the ricotta scoops should be filled with sausage. After everything is finished, the cheese on one row should be aligned with the sausage on the row below it, and vice versa. This should be done in both directions.
- Although you should make sure to season the sausage with salt, black pepper, and red chili flakes, you should also keep in mind that the sausage might already have a flavor that is salty. It is recommended that green onions be sprinkled on top, and that pecorino Romano cheese be grated around the perimeter of the container.
- Starting from the bottom and working your way toward the edge, the dough should be rolled up, leaving a space of three inches between each roll. It is recommended that a seam be used to finish the bottom.
- Once you have cut the dough into twelve equal portions, place the cut side up on the baking sheet that has been prepared. It is recommended that one of the remaining eggs be brushed on top of each sausage roll, and if desired, additional pecorino Romano cheese can be grated on top of the rolls.
- A preheated oven should be used to bake the food for forty-five to fifty minutes, or until it has a uniform brown color throughout.
- 318 calories
- 15g fat
- 30 carbs
- 15g protein
If you Like This Article About This Sicilian Sausage Rolls Recipe Learn like a Pro Please Share This Article with your Friend and Family Members